Saturday, June 27, 2015

Attack in Isère: new emergency meeting this morning at the Elysee – The Point

A new small board chaired by François Hollande will be held this Saturday, a day after the Islamist attack in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier in which a corporate executive was beheaded. Prime Minister Manuel Valls, who cut short his visit to South America, will be present at this second board, which also bring together ministers Laurent Fabius (Foreign Affairs), Christiane Taubira (Justice), Jean-Yves Le Drian (Defence) and Bernard Cazeneuve (Indoor).

The French company, whose resistance is “tested” by the new attack “despicable” and “worrying” committed in Isère, must “be strong on its values, “Manuel Valls Saturday called, assuring that his government would react” calmly “. “This macabre act of decapitation, with staging, with flags, is new in France,” with a desire to “make an impression,” said the Prime Minister, which landed early Saturday morning at Orly after having cut short an official trip to South America because of the attack.

Black Friday

In addition, several French nationals were killed in the bloody attack against a Tunisian hotel , claimed by the Islamic State group and in which 38 people were killed, said the Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid Friday night. “The nationalities of the dead, there are mostly British. And the Germans, and Belgians, and French,” the prime minister said. In Paris, a limited previous council, chaired by François Hollande, who had to cut short his attendance at a European summit in Brussels, was held on Friday in which the Head of State called for “unity” and announced that the Vigipirate was focused “on high alert” for three days in Rhône-Alpes.

A business executive of 54 years had been “decapitated abjectly” and Islamist flags were found in a gas site Industrial Isere, less than six months after Paris. The alleged perpetrator, Yassine Salhi, 35, already stuck in 2006 by the intelligence services to “radicalization,” according to the Interior, was arrested. The victim was sales manager within the transport company Colicom / ATC also worked as the alleged perpetrator of the attack Yassine Salhi. Its premises were searched in Chassieu (Rhône) late Friday afternoon.

The terrorism prosecutor took up the investigation. Newly arrived in the Lyon region from the east of France, Yassine Salhi had again been spotted between 2011 and 2014 for its links with the Lyon Salafist movement, said the prosecutor of Paris, Francois Molins. His criminal record was a virgin. Three other people were arrested: the wife and sister of the suspect, who lived with the family in Saint-Priest in the Lyon suburbs, and the owner of a vehicle spotted near the site, finally released

. According to preliminary information, the suspect went in alone shortly before 9 am 30 outside the factory in a commercial vehicle. He was able to enter the site because “he used to return to the factory for deliveries” and was well known to staff, which opened the door for him, François Molins said. He then drove into the gas cylinders stored at the site, causing an explosion which he réchappait. He then attempted to trigger another explosion – which could have been much more devastating (43 people were on the site) – when two firefighters intervened, greeted with cries of “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest). One of them has mastered it. The police then discovered the body in the factory “abjectly beheaded”, in the words of Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, the victim and his head hanging on the perimeter fence, surrounded by two Islamist flags.

Terrorist attacks in Tunisia and Kuwait

This new attack “terrorist in nature”, according to President François Hollande, came less than six months after the January in Paris, which had killed 17 people. The attack occurred in France in the heart of an equally bloody day in Tunisia, where 38 people were killed in a shootout in Sousse. The Islamic State Group (EI) claimed the attack against a Tunisian hotel. An attack that killed 38, mostly British, but also French.

According to authorities, the alleged perpetrator of the attack is called Seifeddine Rezgui, a young Tunisian born in 1992 and originally of Gaafour (northwest), but student in Kairouan (center). Hundreds of foreign tourists were taken by bus to the airport of Enfidha, located halfway between Tunis and Sousse, Tunisia to be evacuated in the night from Friday to Saturday, said a journalist from AFP. Thirteen were posted flights from this airport during the night, especially to London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Brussels and St Petersburg. In Kuwait, where a suicide attack also claimed by the Islamic State Group (EI) killed 27 people, and Somalia, where tens of soldiers were killed by Islamist Shebab, according to a provisional toll. The authorities feared further acts of terrorism since January and the arrest in April of an Algerian student, Sid Ahmed Ghlam suspicion of a project of attack against a Catholic church near Paris, in the name of Islam radical.


No comments:

Post a Comment