Saturday, July 25, 2015

In Gironde, the fire resumed its progression, significant resources are committed – The Obs

For Hot


Relaunched by the wind, against the forest fire which firefighters have been fighting for more than 24 hours in Gironde resumed its advance on Saturday afternoon, applicant’s continued commitment Canadair and delaying the return of evacuees to their homes.

The fire had been “stabilized” at midday but there was renewed winds “gusting to over 40 km / h, and adverse changes in the sector over a fire which forced to redeploy significant resources to treat it, “said PC operational chief of staff of the prefect of Gironde, Simon Bertoux.

According to a updated review, at least 380 hectares of pine forest were destroyed by fire, for which the police did not exclude any cause, which broke out around 2:30 p.m. Friday at Saint-Jean d’Illac 20 km south-west Bordeaux. Between 300 and 350 firefighters remained mobilized this Saturday late afternoon.

“There’s no excitement, but there is a serious situation that is unfavorable again, and deserves strong commitment, “said a spokesman of the Prefecture AFP. “The fire advanced towards the south, towards a more wooded area, this is not the worst front, but it’s a recovery.”

No housing has been reached by fire since Friday and no new evacuation was planned initially Saturday. But the resumption of fire and the continued commitment of the firefighters will delay the return to their homes of some 120 homes evacuated as a precaution Friday night: 40 in Saint-Jean-d’Illac, and 80 in the town close to Pessac.


No comments:

Post a Comment