Monday, December 26, 2016

Triple murder in the Drôme: the suspect placed in a psychiatric hospital – The Figaro

Arrested this morning (Monday) to Avignon after three violent assaults, the man, 23-year-old is suspected to have killed three persons in the night from Sunday to Monday. On the eve of the tragedy, it had already been taken to the psychiatric hospital of Valencia, but ran away without having been examined.

A man of 23 years old, suspected to have killed three elderly people in the Drôme, has been placed on Monday night in a psychiatric hospital, his condition was deemed incompatible with a police custody, said the prosecutor of Valencia. Supported on Sunday by the police to the rail after having provoked the incident in a train, the man had been oriented to the emergency psychiatric hospital Centre of Valencia but fled before he could be examined by a doctor. “There’s been no psychiatric care” on Sunday, has insisted the public prosecutor Alex Perrin.

Arrested “smooth” at the Avignon TGV station on Monday, the man was suspected to be killed in the night a man in his eighties in Chabeuil, near Valence, and a couple of septuagenarians, a few kilometers from there, to Montvendre. It would have also attacked three persons in the Vaucluse, trying in particular to blows of stone on a woman of sixty years, “very seriously” affected and is still in a serious condition. On Monday evening, “his psychiatric condition was incompatible with a measure of police custody and he was placed in a hospital of office on order of the prefect of the Drôme region,” said AFP the prosecutor Perrin.

The suspect has a profile of justice “pretty loaded”, including violence, theft and drug trafficking since he is a minor, said another source close to the investigation. “He was imprisoned at Fresnes for seven months and came out on the 1st of September last,” said the prosecutor Perrin.

The precise chronology of events has not been established, due to the inability to hear the suspect. But what binds him to the murders, “this is the vehicle stolen from the murdered individuals”. In the Drôme, the victims are a woman of 80 years, was killed at his home in Chabeuil and a couple in their seventies, found dead in Montvendre, 4 km from Chabeuil.

Pascal Pertusa, the mayor of Chabeuil, told the AFP have been called around 8 a.m. by firefighters and policemen at the victim’s home of 80 years, who lived alone in an isolated house, without a fence, the side of the road leading to the airport of Valencia. According to the first elements of the investigation, the man has broken a window to enter the home. The octogenarian was dead on arrival of the fire brigade, victim of blows using a weapon. The other victims, aged 75 years, also “traces of assault using a weapon,” said the prosecutor in a press release.

The vehicle stolen to septuagenarians, is spotted to 8: 00 on the area of highway Sandstone (Vaucluse), as the result of a collision and an altercation with two people. During an attempted armed robbery, the alleged perpetrator assaulted then stabbed to death the manager of a store in a commercial area in Orange (Vaucluse), in a parking lot, wounding him in the belly with a knife, was there indicated, a source close to the investigation.

He then allegedly struck a woman in her sixties with hits stone, close, then injured, most slightly, a third man with a knife. The suspect arrested have subsequently been in a car accident in Noves (Bouches-du-Rhône), forcing him to abandon his vehicle. He would then lead in the direction of Avignon by a motorist, without the use of threats or violence.

After the attacks to Orange, the judicial police and the gendarmes set up roadblocks and mobilized two helicopters. They have discovered that the crashed vehicle in Noves belonged to the couple was found dead in the Drôme. The mayor of Chabeuil told AFP be handed over to the gendarmes the recordings of cctv cameras. “We see a man arriving on foot around 3: 30 am in the town and leave”. “He looked a lot behind him and there was concern in his behavior.” The public prosecutor of Carpentras (Vaucluse) declined jurisdiction of the case in favour of that of Valencia, which is in charge of all aspects of the case, has told of justice source.


No comments:

Post a Comment